Medical Education Experts offers a variety of Education and Support Services.
- We unfortunately cannot provide support for RACGP or James Cook University College of Medicine and Dentistry Selection processes due to Conflict of Interest.
- Education offered by Medical Education Experts is not endorsed nor supplied by the RACGP or ACRRM.
Assessment in Medicine (AIM) Consultations
Not sure which direction to go with your assessment preparation?
Before you commit psychologically and financially to Assessment Preparation Programs, take the opportunity to find out what is most likely path to meet your end goal. Not everyone needs an intensive, expensive exam preparation course. An Assessment In Medicine (AIM) Consultation allows you to spend a dedicated time via Skype with a Medical Education Expert, to discuss your individual needs.
It is a requirement that you undertake an AIM Consultation before commencing our Assessment Preparation Courses.
Prior to the AIM Consultation, we will ask you complete/submit a series of documents to provide us with information to prepare for your Consultation. After the discussion, we will provide you with a summary of the consultation and a list of recommendations including courses and resources that will help you hit your assessment targets. If your AIM Consultation suggests that an Assessment Preparation Course with us might help, we will reduce your course fees by 5%. The Fee for an AIM Consultation is $400 + GST.
Assessment Preparation Courses (Intensives)
We offer flexible education and assessment support, providing services face-to-face and online, individually, and for small groups. We run Assessment Preparation Courses for each exam cycle of the RACGP and ACRRM Fellowship Examinations, in addition to individually designed and scheduled programs to suit our client’s needs. Our Medical Education Consultants are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations. External clinical teaching visits (i.e. Direct observation of practice) and competency and remediation assessments for doctors in difficulty can also be arranged.
Our Assessment Preparation Courses are usually offered as six (6) to eight (8) week intensives, with weekly one (1) hour one-on-one sessions tailored to our client’s specific learning needs. If sessions are requested over a longer or shorter period, this can be accommodated – please Contact Us and we can discuss your needs.
Each course includes a detailed learning needs analysis, and recommendations for study planning, online access to the GP Study System and Clinical Reasoning Compass Course (Total value $350), and email/phone mentorship and support. Course content covers exam technique, clinical reasoning and practice questions.
We can also provide referrals for Medical Career Counselling and Engligh as a Second Language (ESL) support for verbal and written communication.
We provide services face-to-face (in selected locations only) and online (via Skype). Sessions can also be conducted in the convenience of your current workplace (at your employer’s discretion). Small group sessions can be arranged on request. Sessions are usually conducted within working hours.
- New clients should complete the Education Support Form requesting an AIM Consultation and Assessment Preparation Course (and any additional services required). The information in this form assists our Medical Education Consultants to develop a course tailored to your needs.
- Existing clients should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with their existing Medical Education Consultant to discuss their requirements.
- Medical Education Experts will send you a quotation for the proposed course.
- If you accept the quote, we will send you an email with the following information:
- A Invoice for the chosen course;
- Proposed session times;
- Client service agreement.
- Full payment of the course must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled first session. Medical Education Experts does not routinely accept payment instalments however, this can be negotiated in exceptional circumstances and with prior notice.
- Medical Education Experts will send you a confirmation email which will include:
- A receipt for your records;
- Confirmed session times.
- Once the course has commenced you will receive an email with a password on how to access your individual folder via our Portal. Your folder will contain the following documentation:
- Administration documents: e.g. Client Service Agreement, AIM Recommendations.
- Tutorial recordings;
- Tutorial presentations and other resources relevant to your course.
Please note: This folder will be accessible up to two (2) weeks after completion of the course.
- Support and guidance from a Medical Education Consultant. Our educators are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations.
Our closed Facebook study group facilitates discussion of clinical reasoning cases and sharing of study resources. The group is also a way to find a study partner. We view this platform as another way to connect with our clients and to provide an opportunity for our clients to drive content by collaborating and pursuing information, as well as benefiting from the social influence of peers. The Facebook group will not encourage social posting, only those posts of an educational nature.
The group is closed and will not be visible to other Facebook users. If you would like to join this group, please request to join through our public Facebook page where we post interesting articles, blogs and updated information about our services.
We have a team of Medical Education Consultants who provide the tutorials. All educators are GPs and college examiners, with specific medical education experience. We match the experience of the consultant with the individual needs of the client to ensure optimum outcomes. Each client has the same Medical Education Consultant for their entire course where possible.
- Communication between Medical Education Experts and the client will be via email and/or phone.
- Clients are to ensure they have provided Medical Education Experts with their current contact details.
- Clients are responsible for reading and maintaining all communication with Medical Education Experts throughout the course period.
- Any additional costs such as venue hire or employment of a simulated patient will be passed onto the client on agreement.
- The client agrees to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of a pre-booked session. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in a $400 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation of a course after payment and prior to commencement will incur a fee for administration and any works/preparation already provided.
- If cancellation of further sessions is requested mid-way through a course (either by MededExperts or the client), the remaining sessions will be fully refunded.
Other Education Services
We can assist you to develop an education program, and support your education to meet AHPRA undertakings. We also provide mentorship during what can be a stressful episode in your career.
The MAP App is an individualised, curriculum and research-based study planning App. It links directly to the GP Study System and Clinical Reasoning Compass. For more information, click here.
The GPS System is a curriculum-based resource to facilitate exploration of the populations, presentations and processes within General Practice, based on the domains of practice. The Clinical Reasoning Compass Course explores clinical reasoning approaches and cognitive biases, and includes 30 KFP-style quiz questions with model answers. For more information, view the eLearning tab.
This program enables clients to reassess their work-life balance to enhance personal and professional performance. It is great for building confidence prior to reattempting assessment. Read more.
These are particularly useful for providing comprehensive feedback about communication and consultation skills in preparation for the OSCE assessment or to meet AHPRA undertakings. These can be performed face-to-face, via Skype or using video-recording of consultations.