Medical Education Experts offers a variety of Education and Support Services.
To request a quote for a service, please complete an Education Support Form. The information in this form assists our Medical Education Consultants to develop a course tailored to your needs.
- We unfortunately cannot provide support for RACGP or James Cook University College of Medicine and Dentistry Selection processes due to a Conflict of Interest.
- Education offered by Medical Education Experts is not endorsed nor supplied by the RACGP or ACRRM.
Assessment Preparation Courses
We offer flexible education and assessment support, providing services face-to-face and online, individually, and for small groups. We run assessment preparation courses for each exam cycle of the RACGP Fellowship Examinations, in addition to individually designed and scheduled programs to suit our client’s needs. Our educators are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations. External clinical teaching visits (i.e. Direct observation of practice) and competency and remediation assessments for doctors in difficulty can also be provided.
Our assessment preparation courses are usually offered as six (6) to eight (8) week intensives, with weekly one (1) hour one-on-one sessions tailored to our client’s specific learning needs. If sessions are requested over a longer or shorter period, this can be accommodated – please Contact Us and we can discuss your needs.
Each course includes a detailed learning needs analysis, and recommendations for study planning, online access to the GP Study System (valued at $200) and email/phone mentorship and support. Course content covers exam technique, clinical reasoning and practice questions.
We can also provide referrals for Medical Career Counselling and Engligh as a Second Language (ESL) support for verbal and written communication.
We provide services face-to-face (in selected locations only) and online (via Skype). Sessions can also be conducted in the convenience of your current workplace (at your employer’s discretion). Small group sessions can be arranged on request. Sessions are usually conducted within working hours.
- New clients should complete the Education Support Form. The information in this form assists our Medical Education Consultants to develop a course tailored to your needs.
- Existing clients should contact email@example.com or speak with their existing Medical Education Consultant to discuss their requirements.
- Medical Education Experts will send you an email with the following information:
- A Quote for the chosen course;
- Proposed session times;
- Client service agreement;
- Learning Needs Analysis.
- If accepted, you approve the quote and return your signed Consent and completed Learning Needs Analysis.
- Medical Education Experts will send you an invoice and Study Plan Recommendations (based on your completed Learning Needs Analysis).
- Full payment of the course must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled first session (if permissible). Medical Education Experts does not routinely accept payment instalments however, this can be negotiated in exceptional circumstances and with prior notice.
- Medical Education Experts will send you a confirmation email which will include:
- A receipt for your records;
- Confirmed session times.
- Once the course has commenced you will receive an email with a password on how to access your individual folder via our Portal. Your folder will contain the following documentation:
- Administration documents: e.g. Client Service Agreement, Study plan recommendations, Learning needs analysis;
- Tutorial recordings;
- Tutorial presentations and other resources relevant to your course.
Please note: This folder will be accessible up to two (2) weeks after completion of the course.
- Support and guidance from an Education Consultant. Our educators are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations.
We have created a closed Facebook study group to discuss cases and share study resources on the journey to exam completion. The group is also a way to find a study partner. We view this platform as another way to connect with our clients and to provide an opportunity for our clients to drive content by collaborating and pursuing information, as well as benefiting from the social influence of peers. The Facebook group will not encourage social posting, only those posts of an educational nature.
The Facebook group is closed and will not be visible to other Facebook users. If you would like to join this group, please advise your Facebook name and Facebook email address by return email so that we can authorise you as a member.
We also have a public Facebook page where we post interesting articles, blogs and updated information about our services.
We have a team of education consultants who provide the tutorials. All educators are GPs and college examiners, with specific medical education experience. We match the experience of the consultant with the individual needs of the client to ensure optimum outcomes. Each client has the same Medical Education Consultant for their entire course where possible.
- Communication between Medical Education Experts and the client will be via email and/or phone.
- Clients are to ensure they have provided Medical Education Experts with their current contact details.
- Clients are responsible for reading and maintaining all communication with Medical Education Experts throughout the course period.
- Any additional costs such as venue hire or employment of a simulated patient will be passed onto the client on agreement.
- The client agrees to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of a pre-booked session. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in a $120 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation of a course after payment and prior to commencement will incur a fee for administration and any works/preparation already provided.
Other Education Services
We can assist you to develop an education program, and support your education to meet AHPRA undertakings. We also provide mentorship during what can be a stressful episode in your career.
These are particularly useful for providing comprehensive feedback about communication and consultation skills in preparation for the OSCE assessment or to meet AHPRA undertakings. These can be performed face-to-face, via Skype or using video-recording of consultations.
The GPS System is a curriculum-based resource to facilitate exploration of the populations, presentations and processes within General Practice, based on the domains of practice. For more information, view the GPS System tab.
This program enables clients to reassess their work-life balance to enhance personal and professional performance. It is great for building confidence prior to reattempting assessment. Read more.
‘Showing just cause’ applications are required after three unsuccessful attempts at the RACGP assessments, before enrolling for a subsequent attempt. We can work with you to review your learning needs and develop a Focused Learning Plan for submission.
We can develop a specific weekly study plan that works around your current schedule and time management; helping you identify learning goals and how to effectively achieve those goals. The study plans are based on a learning needs analysis and the RACGP curriculum. The study plan is accompanied by an extensive resource list for each topic area. The Medical Assesmsent Preparation (MAP) App will soon be released and will generate individualised study plans.