Assessment Preparation Courses (Intensives)
- We offer flexible education and assessment support, providing services face-to-face and online, individually, and for small groups.
- We run Assessment Preparation Courses for each exam cycle of the RACGP and ACRRM Fellowship Examinations, in addition to individually designed and scheduled programs to suit our client’s needs.
- Our Medical Education Consultants are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations.
- External clinical teaching visits (i.e. Direct observation of practice) and competency and remediation assessments for doctors in difficulty can also be arranged.
- We recognise that intensive Assessment Preparation requires significant emotional and financial commitment, therefore, an AIM consultation is required before enrolment in an intensive course is offered.
Our Assessment Preparation Courses are usually offered as six (6) to eight (8) week intensives, with weekly one (1) hour one-on-one sessions tailored to our client’s specific learning needs. If sessions are requested over a longer or shorter period, this can be accommodated – please Contact Us and we can discuss your needs.
Each course includes a detailed learning needs analysis, and recommendations for study planning, online access to the GP Study System and Clinical Reasoning Compass Course (Total value $350), and email/phone mentorship and support. Course content covers exam technique, clinical reasoning and practice questions.
We can also provide referrals for Medical Career Counselling and Engligh as a Second Language (ESL) support for verbal and written communication.
We provide services face-to-face (in selected locations only) and online (via Skype). Sessions can also be conducted in the convenience of your current workplace (at your employer’s discretion). Small group sessions can be arranged on request. Sessions are usually conducted within working hours.
- New clients should complete the Education Support Form requesting an AIM Consultation and Assessment Preparation Course (and any additional services required). The information in this form assists our Medical Education Consultants to develop a course tailored to your needs.
- Existing clients should contact email@example.com or speak with their existing Medical Education Consultant to discuss their requirements.
- Once the course has commenced you will receive an email with a password on how to access your individual folder via our Portal. Your folder will contain the following documentation:
- Administration documents: e.g. Client Service Agreement, AIM Recommendations.
- Tutorial recordings;
- Tutorial presentations and other resources relevant to your course.
Please note: This folder will be accessible up to two (2) weeks after completion of the course.
- Support and guidance from a Medical Education Consultant. Our educators are particularly skilled and experienced in assisting doctors that have previously been unsuccessful at completing examinations.
- Medical Education Experts will send you a quotation for the proposed course.
- If you accept the quote, we will send you an email with the following information:
- A Invoice for the chosen course;
- Proposed session times;
- Client service agreement.
- Full payment of the course must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled first session. Medical Education Experts does not routinely accept payment instalments however, this can be negotiated in exceptional circumstances and with prior notice.
- Medical Education Experts will send you a confirmation email which will include:
- A receipt for your records;
- Confirmed session times.
We have a team of Medical Education Consultants who provide the tutorials. All educators are GPs and college examiners, with specific medical education experience. We match the experience of the consultant with the individual needs of the client to ensure optimum outcomes. Each client has the same Medical Education Consultant for their entire course where possible.
- No one can guarantee 100% exam success as there are too many other factors that influence assessment performance. However, we do evaluate our outcomes and are the only assessment provider that does so and publishes them.
- View our Assessment Performance Outcomes here.
- What we offer is a promise to provide you with individualised academic and personal support to achieve your assessment outcomes.
- Communication between Medical Education Experts and the client will be via email and/or phone.
- Clients are to ensure they have provided Medical Education Experts with their current contact details.
- Clients are responsible for reading and maintaining all communication with Medical Education Experts throughout the course period.
Our closed Facebook study group facilitates discussion of clinical reasoning cases and sharing of study resources. The group is also a way to find a study partner. We view this platform as another way to connect with our clients and to provide an opportunity for our clients to drive content by collaborating and pursuing information, as well as benefiting from the social influence of peers. The Facebook group will not encourage social posting, only those posts of an educational nature.
The group is closed and will not be visible to other Facebook users. If you would like to join this group, please request to join through our public Facebook page where we post interesting articles, blogs and updated information about our services.
- Any additional costs such as venue hire or employment of a simulated patient will be passed onto the client on agreement.
- The client agrees to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of a pre-booked session. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in a $400 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation of a course after payment and prior to commencement will incur a fee for administration and any works/preparation already provided.
- If cancellation of further sessions is requested mid-way through a course (either by MededExperts or the client), the remaining sessions will be fully refunded.
If you would like a particular resource designed, development and/or evaluated, our Medical Educators have specific experience in these areas. We can create modular, webinar, workshop or assessment content to suit your learner’s needs, with a subsequent evaluation of the effectiveness of the resource.
GP Training Posts accredited with RACGP and ACRRM are required to provide in-practice education (i.e. teaching) supervision for their GP Registrars. Education supervision can be provided in 1- 1.5 hour blocks, either within the practice or via virtual classroom or Skype, allowing GP Supervisors to maximise their time delivering clinical supervision. We can also provide GP supervisors with advice regarding resource efficient supervision models.
Doctors who are finding their profession clinically or professionally difficult may benefit from mentorship or our Professional Enrichment Program. It is common for doctors that are having difficulty completing assessments to lose their confidence, and resilience coaching can be beneficial. We have consultants with mental health expertise, including a social worker, who can provide additional support.
We can assist with clinical and medical education and health research project design, grant applications, and project management.